One dish I always enjoyed was Chicken Cordon Bleu. I thought it was so crazy that someone will stuff a chicken breast with more meat, and than some cheese too! I always wanted to try recreate this dish at the best of my abilities.
Thank goodness for youtube! Youtube makes it possible for me to attempt any meal I can find. One thing I enjoy about youtube, is that they are not all professionals. So you can see them cook in their own home kitchens. As a visual learner, I can try follow along with their steps comparing and adjusting on the way.
So, by no surprise. I chose a youtube video to help me along the process by Hasteskitchen, which you can check out their own blog!
This video helped me along the way, with the ingredients I had. He also made it seem quite and possible.
- The first step was cutting a slit into the chicken breast. I chose to use, ham and Swiss cheese.
2. The breading station was up and running. This was actually the first time I ever breaded anything to fry.
3. The method was to dip the chicken breast into egg than to flour, back to egg and finally into the Panko bread crumbs.
4. I pan fried each breast per side, roughly 6-7 minutes, or until golden.
5. I than finished them off in the oven for 20 minutes. (tin foil ball was garlic I was roasting for potatoes)
6. I pulled out the chicken breasts and let rest for about 5 minutes. I don’t have a meat thermometer, so I sliced one in half to check if it cooked through.
7. I plated them with Garlic mashed potatoes and asparagus.
I came out good, but now I’ll know what I’ll do different next time. In the moment, i forgot to season the chicken and breadcrumbs. It was still good, but could of been better. This recipe helped me, but next time I want to try flattening the chicken breasts and rolling them with the stuffings. But this was a good beginning recipe for chicken cordon bleu.